Environmental Specialist (f/m/d) - Madrid
09.06.2021 | Vacancies
AQ Volta Renewables is Aquila Group’s company responsible for the development and construction of the Solar PV and Wind portfolio in Spain and Portugal. The company develops currently more than 50 projects with over 3 GW of renewable power in the Iberian market. As an independent investment fund manager, Aquila Capital is specialized in investment and management of real assets and has been operating in the Iberian market since 2014.
The Iberian team is based in Madrid and Lisbon and comprises experts from the development, construction, and asset management areas, integrating strong technical background with Aquila Capital’s investment expertise.
For our office in Madrid we are looking for a
Environmental Specialist (f/m/d)
As an Environmental Specialist you will assist the development and construction of solar and wind renewable energy projects. The position ensures compliance with environmental regulations and permits during the development and construction phases:
- Work with development and construction teams to identify site specific permitting and regulatory risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist state, regional and local environmental and construction permitting for the siting of renewable energy facilities.
- Assist state, regional and local environmental permit compliance for the operation of renewable energy facilities.
- Coordinate and work closely with cross functional resources, work with outside consultants, and assist/liaise with governmental agencies on the siting, licensing and permitting issues of renewable energy facilities.
- Conduct audits to determine compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Prepare detailed internal reports on development projects and provide support for preparing permits, regulatory reports, and other compliance submittals.
- Participate in professional, industry, and/or regulatory organizations and associations, as required, to help achieve AQ Volta Renewables’ strategic goals in shaping legislation, state and regional agency policies/guidance, etc.
- Assist in the identification of wildlife in the vicinity of site locations where the projects are under development, construction or in operation.
- Obtain and manage sustainability data.
- Review waste streams for proper classification and documentation.
- Conduct internal training on environmental procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Higher Degree in Civil / Industrial / Energy / Agriculture / Forestry Engineering
- At least 2-5 years of experience in Environmental Approval of PV Plants and Wind Farms
- Experience in preparation of documentation for Environmental Impact Assessment approval for wind farms and photovoltaic plants
- Advance knowledge of Office, QGIS, ArcGis and Regional databases
- Proficient communication in Spanish and fluent professional English skills (German or Portuguese are an asset)
- Geographic and travel availability within Iberia
The Aquila Group is a future-oriented company that combines focus, far-sightedness, ambition and independent entrepreneurial responsibility with team spirit and an outstanding corporate climate to create synergies. Combined with our employees' talents, these synergies are the key to the long-term success of our company.
Lola De Felipe Urueña
This vacancy is perfect to you?
Send us your application online: