Corporate responsibility is central to Aquila Capital’s fundamental values. We are convinced that we can only be successful in the long term if we behave responsibly towards our investors, our employees and our partners. This approach confirms our commitment to act in a socially responsible manner and is reflected by our investment management approach and day-to-day practices.
Aquila Capital is a member of the following organisations that support responsible behaviour in the investment field:
Sustainability criteria for investments
Aquila Capital’s investment solutions adhere to a clear set of ethical criteria and incorporate ESG considerations into their investment process. As a signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investments (UNPRI) as well as the Principles for Responsible Investment in Farmland, which were incorporated into the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) in August 2014, we are committed to fulfilling the environmental, social and corporate governance principles set out
- incorporates ESG considerations into our investment analysis and decision-making processes
- takes ESG issues into consideration in our policies and practices
- seeks appropriate disclosure on ESG issues in our target investments
- promotes acceptance and implementation of these principles within the investment community
- works collectively to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles
- reports on the activities and progress towards implementing the principles
You can find out more about the UNPRI here:
We are also a member of the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI), which was founded in 1992 due to a growing recognition of the links between finance and ESG challenges and the role financial institutions could play for a more sustainable world.
As well as signing the above-mentioned principles, we have developed our own set of asset-class specific ethical principles that we adhere to throughout the entire investment process.