- Renewable portfolio projected to save 14.4 million tonnes of CO2 over their lifetime, providing enough energy to power Spain and France for one year
Aquila Capital, the alternative investment company, is delighted to announce that its renewable infrastructure portfolio will save 14.4 million tonnes of CO2 throughout its operating lifetime.
In 2017 alone, 373,579 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions were saved. Its renewable energy plants produced 2.3 TWh of electricity in 2017; enough to supply power to over 630,000 European households, the equivalent of the population of Munich, for one year.1 Since the firm’s inception, Aquila Capital has invested in renewable energy assets with a total capacity of approximately 3 GW.2
The largest contribution to Aquila Capital’s CO2 savings was made by its wind portfolio (187,853t), which is now one of the largest in Europe, followed by their photovoltaic (101,688t) and hydro assets (84,037t).3
Not only is Aquila Capital’s current portfolio of assets projected to save a total of 14.4 million tonnes of CO2 throughout its operating lifetime, it will also produce sufficient energy to supply power to 48 million households for one year, approximately equivalent to the combined populations of Spain and France.4
Roman Rosslenbroich, CEO and Co-Founder of Aquila Capital, commented:
“Renewable energy infrastructure plays a crucial role in reducing the effects of climate change. We are very proud of the role our strategies are playing in countering global warming while delivering strong returns for our investors. The key to investing successfully in the renewable energy infrastructure sector is having the right expertise, professional experience and an extensive network of local partnerships. We remain committed to further enhancing our savings in CO2 emissions as we grow our renewable energy infrastructure strategies in 2018.”
- 1 Eurostat average number of people per European household size was 2.3 in 2016. Applied to total population of Munich (1.4 million) as measured by Statista.
- 2 Total capacity, including transacted projects and projects currently under construction.
- 3 Calculations by Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol tool for emissions calculation, designed to estimate emissions based on local energy mix; www.ghgprotocol.org/calculation-tools.
- 4 Source: World Population Review (Spain: 46.3 million and France: 65.2 million).
About Aquila Capital
Established in 2001, Aquila Capital is committed to provide institutional investors worldwide with alternative investment solutions in real assets, financial and private markets. Applying a multi-disciplinary investment approach, Aquila Capital’s range of alternative investments is managed by dedicated specialists in their respective asset classes and underpinned by an infrastructure that combines strong operations, stringent corporate governance and a successful track record. Aquila Capital has been dedicated to develop alternative investment solutions since its establishment. Over 200 professionals across eight offices globally are working across the whole value chain of alternative investments to generate stable, positive returns for investors.